levels of study
Bachelor’s level is also known as first cycle in the European Region. You may also be familiar with the term ‘undergraduate’. In Sweden, there is a wide range of international courses available at this level, but a limited number of study programmes. These courses and programmes are taught in English. Very basically, a student must have completed upper secondary studies in order to be qualified for study at this level. There are also English language requirements.
The next level is master’s, also knows as second cycle in the European Region. The term ‘graduate level’ can also be used. Universities in Sweden offer a large range of international master’s programmes where the language of instruction is English. These programmes are open to both Swedish and international students who have earned a bachelor’s degree (equivalent to a Swedish kandidatexamen). There are English language requirements at this level as well.
ABN: 15 211 513 464. CRICOS Number: 00026A. Phone: +61 2 9351 2222.
Unit outlines will be available though Find a unit outline two weeks before the first day of teaching for 1000-level and 5000-level units, or one week before the first day of teaching for all other units.
Programmes Offered (By Levels of Study)
KFU offers a wide range of educational programs at different levels.
- Degree programs (Tertiary education)
- Bachelor’s degree programs – 4 years (with pre-university training – 5 years).
- Master’s degree programs – 2 years (with pre-university training – 3 years).
- Specialist diploma programs – 5(6) years (with pre-university training – 6-7 years)
- Doctoral programs – 3 years (with pre-university training – 4 years).
- Double degree programs at Bachelor, Master and Doctoral levels. Period of study depends on respective “Double diploma” agreements.
- Non-degree programs (for visiting students): from 1 month to 1 year.
- Internships (Individual Research Training): from 1 week to 1 year.
- Language courses. Duration of study is from1 month to year.
- Individual classes and consultancy: from 1 week to 1 year.
- Summer Schools (Pre-semester language course): 1 month.
- Advanced training and retraining of the university staff: from 1 week to 1 year.
- Preparatory School for international students. Duration of study – 1 year.